Sunday, October 2, 2011

Other school have implemented iPads, too

Burlington isn't the only school with iPads distributed to every student. The district of Zeeland, Michigan started the same program too this year too.


Their program is even more ambitious than ours. The plan in Zeeland is to provide an iPad for every student from grades 3-12. Asides from the wider distribution grades-wise, there aren't much difference between Zeeland and Burlington. iPads have replaced some textbooks, replaced paper tests/quizzes, and made backpacks lighter. 


However there are things that Zeeland are doing differently. They blocked Facebook, which I have no problems with, but it's not something I would wish for if I had the chance. Another thing is they're also planning on giving students in grades 3-5 iPads, which puzzles me. What use for iPads could they have? I feel its a waste of money to give them iPads, even if they stay in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment